Monday 29 April 2013

Fernweh


Watching the northern lights from the Igloo

Paranal Observatory


French Riviera

Huang Shan Mountains
I have a strange liking for funny sounding, deep meaning words. I also have a liking for languages. Fernweh is a german word and an equivalent for Wanderlust. Fernweh is the passionate desire to travel to exotic places.

They say every person comes with a goal or some kind of a task they have to complete in the world. It sounds funny but I think its a lot like the treasure-hunt game. I used to love it as a child and I think life is pretty-much the same. But whatever this goal is I hope mine involves a lot of traveling.

I want to swim (Fear number 1) In the deep clear waters of Bora-Bora someday, And I want to wear shocking pink fins while I'm at it. I also want to go to the Rain-forests of Amazon and follow the fireflies and sleep in tents. I want to watch the northern lights from Igloos and I want to make snowmen (3 of them) and call them a family! I want to dine at the french rivera, Feed sharks at Australia, I want to go to the pyramids of Egypt, The Churches of Palestine and the Temples of Kerela. I want to touch the sands of atleast 50% of the beaches of the world and I want to sky dive at the grand Canyon :O
I want to go to China and climb the Huang Shan Mountains , My father always tells me its the most beautiful place he has ever visited!  I want to look at the planets through the telescope of the Paranal Observatory. I want to dance with french-men, dine with Spanish wives, Sing with the Bengalis, and Learn to speak 17 Languages. I want to drink wine that is 2000 years old. I want to eat everything that is vegetarian in this world. I want to know about cultures and religions and festivals and why they were made. I want to know who invented the english alphabet (Do not tell me to google it). I want it all first hand , through my senses , what my eyes can see and my mind can decipher. What my skin can feel, the frost heat and raindrops. What my ears can hear, the bumble bee , the dolphin, the waves and the mountain echo. I want it alllllll.

I want to go right out of my comfort zone and feel my breath, I want to feel alive, I want to stop and stare and follow a butterfly's trail, I want to get startled by nature's surprises and watch beauties that actually make me believe in God. I want to feel the power above us because till today I have just mechanically believed he exists. I want to feel the power within me and I want to surprise myself by facing my fears. I want to travel the world, nooks and crannies, valleys and mountains, snow capped and green, sands of seas and desserts, camels, elephants, tigers, sharks, all of that , that nature has to show me. Boats, Aeroplanes, Roads and Rail I want to be a Traveler. I want the journey of my life to be an actual journey. I want to pack my bag with a torch to give me light, a blanket to keep me warm, a book to entertain me and sunglasses so that I can look straight in the eye of the sun. I want to try being an alchemist. (Go on, call me crazy)

Life is a journey, Make it worthwhile,
Much love,

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! Expressive!! God Bless you ! and whole Heartedly Iwish you all your Wishes and Dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete