Sunday 16 June 2013

Sapiosexuality



Definition of sapiosexuality :. 1. (n.) A behavior of becoming attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use.

"I do not care what car you drive where you live.

If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone.
If your clothes are this years cutting edge.
If your trust fund is unlimited.
If your an A-list B-list never heard of you list.
I only care about the words that flutter from your mind.
They are the only thing that you own.
The only thing that I will remember you by.
I will not fall in love with your bones and your skin.
I will not fall in love with the places you've been.
I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind."
- Anonymous

As a teenager whenever I was asked what my knight in shining armor would be, I always wondered. I didn't know what type I liked. Rather, I couldn't put it in words. I didn't like the typical footballer; cocky; green-eyed boy. I knew I was more than that. I didn't like the boy who came to school in fancy cars either. I mean I did, but not because he came in fancy cars. I did not like the cuss word type, with the piercing either. I once liked the druggy type with a goatee, but that was because of his extraordinary verbal usage and guitar playing ability.

Basically, I often liked the typical boys but for the weirdest reasons
I liked Boys I could have a real conversation with. Someone who I could be real with. Someone who had the mental capacity to look beneath the layers and decipher the kind of a person I was. Someone who could understand why I prefer Love Stories to War movies in an unconventional manner and someone who I wouldn't be embarrassed to discuss the Female Reproductive System with (Trust me, It was a BIG DEAL then : The P word was as bad as the F word.) That was then.

Today I know I'm a SAPIOSEXUAL. Obviously It isn't  a big deal to discuss the Female Reproductive System anymore and my standards are higher.
Sapiosexuality is the behavior of being attracted to intelligent (& HOT) men and the way they use their so called "Intelligence." Trust me, There is a minuscule population in the shallow sea so you have to go fishing in the deep. That statement obviously increases my haters but then again those who's egos I hurt don't matter.

Point is , If you're are a woman who is high on EQ and with self esteem you deserve somebody 

who 
READS BOOKS, Doesn't just listen to Music but understands its nuances, who can write to save his life and who can argue but not fight. Somebody who is sensitive yet SENSATIONAL. 
A man who isn't vain in his greek beauty.Somebody who doesn't act hard to get but IS HARD TO GET. Somebody who has an open mind and can come to terms with the weirdest thoughts of your deep dark mind. Someone who can critically appreciate and appreciatively criticize. Someone who doesn't wear nerd glasses and braces to act intelligent but can carry his intelligence with a swag B). Someone who uses www.google.com like his dictionary.Someone who is constantly in search of knowledge.Someone who speaks eloquently and maybe plays an instrument. If he doesn't play an instrument he could at least create something that is HIS. It could be a computer code or a painting or an origami work ; Something that is produced out of his mind. Somebody who might not ace the class and have good grades but somebody who can actually put that knowledge to use. Somebody who can Love with a combination of his brain and heart. Somebody who wouldn't want to leave you because he loves your mind and not your body. 

This is when love can last a life-time because trust me, you need to have conversations when you're 90 and your back is broken.

This isn't a checklist. Making checklists to fall in love is mean. It is just a small little paragraph on what it takes to love ; because true love maybe blind but not brain-dead.
People say eternal love does not exist ; how would it if the spark of lust goes away?
That is why there should always be a brainwave along with the little spark of lust to keep it going. 
Great conversation is a long-term satisfier ; Sex wears away.

No comments:

Post a Comment