Sunday 9 June 2013

Sabbatical

Shame on me! I haven't posted in days! I promised myself that I'd post once a day, then I altered that to once a week, Its been 4 weeks Gee! But Promises are meant to be broken yes?
Point being, It was Summer 2013. Updates on my life (Not that you want to know) are that I am a GRADUAAAAATE. Then I figured I am a GRADUAAAAATE with DISTINCTIONNNN and then finally with a 81.5 percent and all. Nice things happened and I was in my happy space.
Then came house visits! My cute little cousin sisters, Dhwani and Heli, from the Native and then the Uncle type cousin type same aged person, Nick, From the USA. I was culture shocked! Two different extremes of the world! We went to the caves, got a little tipsy, watched the IPL and hooted, went around the city, Shopped, went to the hills!  What a fun week it was!

But, the point of this blog is my REAL Sabbatical, the highlight of summer 13, GOA.
Ah, the sun, the sand, the sea, the salt air and my sexy nude sunglasses ;).
The bag was packed with sundresses, bikinis, shorts and sarongs. A BIG WHITE SUN HAT :') Tons of Sunscreen(That by the way, did not protect my skin! Neutrogena is a big fat lie! ) And we went!

A dozen of us, 7 Week, Crazy train rides,A Big red jeep, A cozy little hotel with a swimming pool, bright colored clothes, A few tears and a lot of laughter, We sang in the rain as we stood on the jeep, Yelled and screamed on the roads, Lots of wine and lots of Dine, Forts, Beaches, White sands, Yellow sands, Churches, cute little shacks, Long days and longer nights - It rained and got sunny and those moments when it rained and was sunny together were to die for. IT WAS A MUCH NEEDED SABBATICAL.
I'm home now and wondering what I should do next with my life. There is GMAT Prep, and applications and the sixteenth year and so much drama all around but this little sabbatical calmed me down. It took to me closer to myself. It convinced me that I love to party but a little less than how much I love to sit by the beach and stare at the sky. It made me realize that I'm not always hyper and I have those sudden moments of tranquility when I see wonders around me. It made me realize that I'd prefer a watermelon juice to a shot of vodka. Holidays do make you realize the simplicity within you. Suddenly the material joys disappear and something really strong and satisfying triggers from within, it makes you feel happy and content and suddenly the world is such a beautiful place. I had that moment when I stood on the jeep and the wind in my eyes and the rains on my lids. It was perfect. That's what a holiday does to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment